Summer is the season of mangoes – Raw or Ripe mangoes.
Today I am sharing “Aam Ki Lauji or Raw Green Mango Lauji”. It is made with raw green mango with Gur or jaggery and spices. Seasoned with Panch Phoron adds amazing flavor to this chutney.
Panch Phoron (also called panch phoran or panch phoron) literally means “five spices.” It is a spice blend commonly used in Eastern India and Bangladesh and consists of the following seeds: Cumin, Brown Mustard, Fenugreek, Nigella, and Fennel.
It’s very easy to make. It has a sweet and sour taste of raw mango. It can be stored for 2 months in the refrigerator. It can be served with paratha, poori or even with chaat.
Aam Ki Lauji or Raw Green Mango Lauji
Raw green mango – 5 or 1 kg
Jaggery or Gur – 250 gms
Panch Phoron – 1 tbsp
Oil -1 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Roasted jeera powder – 1 tsp
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Peel and grate raw mangoes.
- Heat oil in nonstick pan and add panch phoran. Saute them for a minute.
- Then add grated raw mangoes with 1/2 cup of water. Covered it and let it cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- After 5 minutes add jaggery and all the spices. Cook it for 10 minutes until lauji become thick.
- Now let it cool completely. Transfer lauji in a clean and dry glass bottle.
- Adjust jaggery according to your taste.
- You can replace white sugar or brown sugar with jaggery.
- Panch Phoran –
1 tbsp nigella seeds.1 tbsp black mustard seeds.1 tbsp fenugreek seeds.1 tbsp fennel seeds.1 tbsp cumin seeds. Combine all spices in a jar. Use accordingly.