Vanilla Cake With Curd is a unique cake made with very few ingredients. It’s eggless, fluffy, super moist cake. You can have a warm slice of homemade cake with a hot cup of tea.
Eggless Vanilla Curd Cake – In Pressure Cooker
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Sour Curd – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Baking Soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 & 1/4 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Dry mixture: Shift whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda or Eno, salt. Keep it aside.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder add sugar, curd, oil, vanilla essence and mix until smooth.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture and mix well.
- Put batter into a greased pan and tap the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- You can add 1/4 cup of mixed dry fruits and make dry fruit curd cake with the same recipe.
- For making chocolate curd cake just add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and chopped walnuts. Chocolate curd cake is ready.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use a pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake