Kiwi has high levels of Vitamin C as well as Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and E. It’s also rich in Calcium, Iron, and Potassium and an excellent source of anti-oxidants and fiber. Kiwi Jam is an easy way to enjoy Kiwi all year round.
Making your own Kiwi Jam is super easy. You can use this sweet and tangy flavored jam as a spread on bread or paratha for your kids’ lunch box or a quick tasty snack. Try this easy recipe!
Kiwi Jam – No Preservative Fruit Jam
Kiwi – 8 ( when boiled and mashed yields 3 cups )
Sugar – 1 & 1/2 cups
Juice of One Lemon
- Scooped out the kiwi pulp and cut into cubes.
- Put kiwi cubes into a deep saucepan and boil for 10 minutes on the low medium flame with 1/2 cup of water.
- After 10 minutes switch off the flame and let it cool completely before grinding.
- Now grind boiled kiwi pulp in the food processor (with dough chopper ).
- Put ground kiwi and sugar in a saucepan. Let it boiled over medium heat until thick.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame.
- Allow jam to cool down. Then add lemon juice and mix well.
- Store Kiwi Jam in a clean and dry glass jar. Enjoy ….
- Don’t grind kiwi in the blender else kiwi seeds will grind along with the pulp.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months.