Happy Easter To All
Easter is a joyous occasion and that call for something sweet. This Coconut Carrot Cake will complete your Easter Menu. This cake made with whole wheat flour and the addition of carrots, roasted coconut adds a sweet, delicious flavor. Coconut lovers do try this yummy, it’s super moist cake.
Coconut Carrot Cake – Easter Special
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Powdered Coconut – 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup
Grated Carrot – 1 cup ( 2 medium sizes)
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp ( 1/2 + 1/4 tsp)
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Warm Milk – 3/4 cup
Mix Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup
A pinch of salt
- Toss 1 tsp of wheat flour with chocolate chips and keep it aside.
- Dry roast coconut powder over medium heat on a nonstick for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- When it turns into little brown switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool down completely before adding.
- Dry Ingredients: Shift whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt twice and keep it aside.
- Wet Ingredients: Now add milk, sugar, oil in a grinder until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients, roasted coconut powder, grated carrot. Mix them well.
- Put batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of coconut powder, mix chocolate chips mix over cake and with help of spatula press gently.
- Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake