Navaratri, also spelled Navratri or Navarathri, is a nine nights Hindu festival, celebrated in the autumn every year. Thus, this is a nine-day or nine-night Hindu festival which is celebrated in the honor of the divine goddess Devi Durga. This Navaratri celebration happens two times a year. It’s because there are two Navaratris in a year. First, is Chaitra Navaratri which is celebrated in March or April and the second is Sharad Navaratri which is celebrated in October.
I already shared Atta Sooji Halwa, Sooji Gur Ka Halwa, but this Milk Rava Halwa is totally different. In this Rava or Sooji is soaked in a milk for 30 minutes and then it is sauteed in ghee. This halwa is rich in taste, almost like a milkcake. Do try this Halwa…
Milk Rava Halwa – Navratri Special
Rava – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Water – 3 cups
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Mix chopped dry fruits – 1/4 cup
A pinch of Salt
- In a bowl mix milk and Rava. Keep it aside or 30 minutes.
- Take water, sugar, and cardamom powder in a saucepan. Boil until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add ghee in a deep non-stick kadai and allow it to melt completely on medium-low flame.
- Now switch off the flame. Add milk soaked Rava and mix well with melted ghee.
- Turn on the flame and roast Rava on medium-low heat until brown color.
- Now add prepared sugar syrup into roasted Rava and keep stirring till all the water gets absorbed.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and dry fruits. Serve hot.
- Use heavy-based non-stick pan.
- Don’t add soaked rava into hot ghee. Otherwise, rava turned into stones.