Black grapes, also known as Concord grapes or slipskin grapes, are sold fresh or made into fresh juice, jams or jellies. They are rich in a number of nutrients, including natural antioxidants.
Black Grapes jam without using pectin recipe is a wonderful purple color jam, it’s easy to make and goes perfectly with a warm toast in the breakfast.
Black Grapes Jam – No Pectin Jam Recipe
Black Grapes – 250 gms
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Juice of half lemon
Wash and separate the grapes from stems.
Put them in a pressure cooker with 1/2 cup of water on low flame and cook till one whistle.
- Open pressure cooker after 5 minutes and grind grapes into a smooth paste. It yields 1 & 1/2 cups of grape puree.
- Now put boiled puree with 1/2 cup of sugar in a deep saucepan and cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame.
- Allow jam to cool down. Then add lemon juice and mix well.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months.