Carrots are the high-fiber content of carrots also helps regulate the digestive system. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which, when consumed, converts to vitamin A in the liver. Vitamin A directly affects the retina and the rhodopsin, a purple pigment that is necessary for night vision. It also helps prevent cardiovascular diseases and help slow down the aging process.
This vegetable raita is a great way to include carrot in our diet and it is easy to prepare. It goes perfectly with a curry or a biryani.
Carrot Raita Recipe
Curd – 2 cups
Carrot ( grated ) – 1 cup ( 2 medium size)
Roasted cumin – 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Curry leaves – 5
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Heat an oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Now add curry leaves, chopped green chili and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add grated carrot with little salt and cook for 2-5 minutes on a medium-low flame.
- After 5 minutes switch off the flame and covered the cooked carrot for another 5 minutes.
- Combine the curds, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, salt in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Add cooked carrot mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with grated carrot and Serve immediately.