Moong Daal With Spinach or Palak is very easy and tasty lunch or dinner recipe. It goes well with plain rice or chapatis. It’s a good combination of protein-rich moong daal and fiber-rich spinach or palak.
Spinach is a green vegetable which has a very wide distribution. It can be grown as a backyard crop or bought from the market at affordable prices. It is a source of vitamins like folate and contains traces of the rest of the essential vitamins.
Moong Daal With Spinach or Palak – Healthy Lunch
Moong Daal – 1 cup
Water – 1 & 1/2 cups
Turmeric -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
For Spinach or Palak masala:
Finely chopped spinach or palak – 1 cup
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped green chili – 1
Coriander powder – 1/2tsp
Sabzi Masala – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Juice of one lemon
Pressure cooker Daal with 1 & 1/2 cups of water, a little salt, turmeric and cook it for 1 whistle medium heat. Let the pressure go down by itself, open the cover and keep the dal aside.
For Spinach or Palak Masala:
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Allow it to crackle.
- Add garlic and green chili, cook for 1 minute. Then add chopped spinach or palak.
- Add coriander powder, sabzi masala and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked dal and mix well. Let it come to boil and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add lemon juice and sprinkle some roasted cumin powder. Serve hot with rice or chapatis.