Carrots and beetroot are pretty, delicious, and versatile when used together. I already shared a dessert recipe with these veggies – Beetroot Carrot Halwa. This time I want to use these veggies in my cake recipe. It turns out a super moist lovely pink color cake.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cranberry Cooker Cake – No Oven Cake Recipe
Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Grated Carrot & Beetroot– 1 cup ( 1 Small carrot + 1 Small beetroot)
Oil – 1/4 cup
Powdered White Sugar – 1/2 cup
Curd – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
Pink Chocolate Chips – 1/4 cup + 1 tsp Whole Wheat Flour
- Dry ingredients: Sieve Whole Wheat Flour, baking powder, baking soda or Eno, salt. Keep it aside.
- Toss 1 tsp of flour with pink chocolate chips and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: Now add curd, sugar, oil, vanilla essence in a grinder until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Add grated carrot, beetroot and mix them well.
- Put batter into a greased pan and sprinkle tossed pink chocolate chips over cake.
- Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake