Custard Rice kheer is made of rice, milk, sugar, and vanilla custard powder. Vanilla custard powder gives a unique flavor to the kheer. In this recipe, I have used leftover rice. You can also make this kheer with freshly cooked rice.
Custard Rice Kheer With Leftover Rice – Dessert Recipe
Cooked Rice – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups + 1/4 cup
Vanilla Custard Powder – 3 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Chopped Mix Dry Fruits– 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Mix custard powder with 1/4 cup cold milk and keep it aside.
- Now boil 2 cups of milk in a deep saucepan and when it comes to boil.
- Add custard milk mixture and stir continuously. Cook on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add sugar and cook until sugar melts.
- Now milk will become little thick then add cooked rice and mix them well.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium-low flame. Finally, add cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Transfer kheer into a bowl and garnished with chopped mix dry fruits. Allow it to cool down to room temperature and then keep it in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- You can add dry fruits of your choice.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- You can serve kheer with fresh fruits.