Potato Paneer & Pea Curry is a delicious Indian Curry made with potato, peas, paneer cooked in tomato gravy with basic spices. No onion and garlic are used in this recipe. It is an easy and quick curry recipe for lunch or dinner. This curry turns delicious and can be eaten on fasting days too.
Potato Paneer & Pea Curry Without Onion And Garlic Recipe
Potato – 4 (small size)
Fresh peas – 3/4 cup
Paneer – 200 gms (cubed)
Tomato – 2 large
Finely grated ginger – 1 inch
Green Chilli – 1
Ghee or oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander – 3 tbsp
Dry Kasoori Methi (dry fenugreek leaves)) – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Boil 1 cup of water in a pan and add potato cubes and cook for 8 minutes on high flame. After 8 minutes strain potato and keep them aside. (Do not overcook the potatoes)
- In a grinder add tomato, green chili, and make a smooth paste.
- Now heat 2 tbsp ghee or oil in a kadai. When the oil is hot, add cumin, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sabzi masala, ginger and saute for a minute on low flame.
- Add tomato, green chilly paste to it. Then add red chilly powder, salt and saute the masala on the medium-low flame until oil starts leaving it edges.
- Now take 6 pieces of boiled potato and mash them with a potato masher. Add this to the prepared masala and cook for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add boiled cubed potatoes, paneer, peas, dry kasoori methi. Mix thcook on high flame for 3 minutes.
- Now add 2 cups of water and cover the kadai with the lid. Cook curry on the medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes switch off the flame and mix fresh chopped green coriander leaves. Serve with hot chapati or paratha.