Have some overripe bananas languishing in the fruit bowl? Put them to good use and bake this delicious and super moist tea time cake. The perfect cup of tea deserves the perfect partner and this Whole Wheat Banana Choco Cake is just perfect. Whole Wheat Banana Choco Cake is a delightful combination made with whole wheat flour, bananas, brown sugar, cocoa powder, sesame, and flax seeds gives perfect crunch.
Ripe and overripe bananas are a superhero of whole-food, plant-based baking, keeping things moist while adding flavor and natural sweetness. Because the resistant starch changes to simple sugar when a banana ripens, bananas are easier to digest. The higher glycemic index of ripe bananas shows that they are digested quickly. Bananas also have higher levels of antioxidants as they ripen.
Chocolate and banana make one amazing combination. Wonderful on their own, these two ingredients can make their way into an abundance of amazing dishes and this Banana Choco Cake recipe is my favorite. You can make almost any sweet food using these two ingredients – pancakes, ice cream, breads and many more.
Whole Wheat Banana Choco Cake | Healthy Tea Time Cake
This moist healthy chocolate cake has no butter, but gets its super moist crumb from riped bananas. It’s also whole grain and lower in sugar than typical cake. That makes this perfect for breakfast or tea time. Banana lovers do try this cake ..
Ripe Banana – 4 (small size)
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Sesame and flax seeds (3 tbsp each) for toppings
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder directly in the bowl.
- Add himalayan pink salt and mix all ingredients well.
- Wet Ingredients – In a mixer add bananas, brown sugar, oil, vanilla essence and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put the batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle topping over batter and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- When the cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
- Adjust brown sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake