Happy Holi To All
In our country food is the soul of all festivals. Holi Festival, in particular, has more cultural significance than religious and this festival of colors is known for traditional recipes, tasty snacks, and yummy sweets.
I have already posted Gujiya, Non-Fried Bread Pakoras, Masala Kaju Namkeen, Marble Rava Dhokla which you can prepare on the eve of Holi. But My Holi is incomplete without a Cake. So, here is Whole Wheat Tutti Frutti Cake made with the wholesome goodness of whole wheat, milk and lots of colorful tutti frutti.
Whole Wheat Tutti Frutti Cake – Pressure Cooker Cake
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Tutti Frutti – 1/2 cup + + 1 tbsp of whole wheat flour
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
A pinch of Salt
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. Toss tutti frutti with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Mix them with whole wheat flour and baking powder mixture. Keep it aside.
- Wet Ingredients – In a grinder mix sugar, oil, and milk until smooth mixture.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures together.
- Put batter into a greased pan and sprinkle some tutti frutti on cake batter. Press lightly with help of a spatula. Now tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake