Mixed fruit Custard is my favorite dessert. It is a delicious dessert to finish any meal and is also a refreshment during the hot summer season.
Mixed Fruit Custard – My Favorite Dessert
For Custard Sauce:
Full Fat Milk – 2 cups + 1/2 cup
Vanilla Custard Powder – 4 tbsp
Sugar – 6 tbsp (optional)
Cardamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Fruits of Your Choice – 2 cups
(I used black grapes, green grapes, papaya, apple, banana, pomegranate)
Chopped walnuts & pistachios – 1/4 cup
- Add custard powder to the 1/2 cup milk. Mix it well to remove all lumps and keep it aside.
- Boil milk in a nonstick deep saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from burning.
- When milk starting boiling, add milk custard powder mixture slowly.
- Keep stirring continuously on the low medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes switch off the flame and transfer the prepared custard into another bowl. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Let this cool to a room temperature. Then refrigerate for one hour.
- Vanilla Custard is prepared.
To Serve Fruit Custard:
- Whisk the custard to make sure there are no lumps and it is smooth.
- Just before serving, mix all chopped fruits and dry fruits. Mix them well.
- Garnish with some pomegranate and serve.
- Avoid adding Melons.
- You can replace sugar with honey.