Whole Wheat Walnut Cake with Brown Sugar – Tea Time Cake
It’s a simple whole wheat flour cake, I just replaced white sugar with brown sugar. It has wholesome goodness, crunchiness of walnuts and pistachios. With very few ingredients you can make this super moist, delicious tea time cake.
Whole Wheat Flour Cake With Brown Sugar
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Chopped Walnuts & Pistachios – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
A pinch of salt
- Dry ingredients: Sieve Whole Wheat Flour, baking powder, salt. Now add chopped walnuts and pistachios. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: Now add milk, brown sugar, oil, vanilla essence in a grinder and grind them until smooth.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake