A super moist cake with carrots and cranberry in every bite. It is a delicious wholesome treat and goes well with an evening tea.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cranberry Cooker Cake – No Oven Cake Recipe
Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Grated carrot – 1 cup ( 2 medium-size carrots)
Oil – 1/4 cup
Powdered White Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Homemade Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cranberries* – 1/2 cup
A pinch of salt
White Chocolate Glaze – 1/2 cup
- Dry ingredients: Sieve Whole Wheat Flour, baking powder, baking soda or Eno, cinnamon powder, salt. Now add cranberries and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: Now add milk, sugar, oil, vanilla essence in a grinder until smooth.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well with grated carrot.
- Put batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- When the cake is done. Take it out and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Demold the cake and pour 4 – 6 tbsp of white chocolate glaze. Spread with the help of a spoon.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour. After 1 hour, Slice it and enjoy with a warm cup of tea.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- In a bowl add dried cranberries with 1 cup of hot water. Keep it aside for half an hour (covered). After half an hour drain water. Take soaked cranberries, toss them with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Keep it aside.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake