Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake is a healthy, yummy cake. It’s made of whole wheat, no sugar, no butter with dry fruits, roasted flaxseeds, and sesame add the perfect crunchiness.
Healthy Treat In Winters: Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake or Atta Gur Ka Cake
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Milk (Room Temperature ) – 3/4 cup
Grated Jaggery – 3/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking Soda or Eno – 1 tsp
Chopped Walnuts & Cashews – 1/2 cup
Flaxseeds and Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp each
Fennel – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tbsp
A pinch of salt
- Wet Ingredients: Grind milk, jaggery, oil in a mixer and make a smooth paste.
- Dry Ingredients: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda. Add fennel, cardamom, salt, chopped walnuts, and cashews and mix them well.
- Now mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Cake batter is ready to bake.
- Now pour prepared cake batter into the pan. Sprinkle flaxseeds and sesame seeds on the batter.
- Now tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust jaggery according to your taste.
- Use room temperature or cold milk. Don’t use hot milk otherwise milk may curdle.
- The acidity in the jaggery will curdle the milk if milk is hot.
- If Baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 60 minutes. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method :
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
- Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake