This no sugar delicious dessert made with the combination of nutritious carrot, beetroot with the sweetness of iron-rich dates. Beetroots are rich in nutrients that help to boost your immune system and can produce new blood cells. Whereas, Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals. It’s also a good source of energy, sugar, and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc can be found in dates.
No Sugar Vegetable Dessert – Carrot Beetroot Halwa With Dates
Grated Beetroot – 1 cup ( 2 medium sized beetroot )
Grated Carrot – 1 cup ( 3 medium-sized carrots )
Ghee – 1/4 cup + 2 tsp
Full fat milk – 1 liter
Chopped Dates – 3/4 cup
Homemade Green Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Mix chopped dry fruits – 1/4 cup
A pinch of salt
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee a small pan and add chopped dry fruits. Saute for a minute and keep them aside.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick deep pan and add grated carrot, beetroot. Saute on low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Then add milk and cook on medium heat until the milk evaporates completely.
- Add chopped dates and simmer until it thickens. It takes about 5-8 minutes.
- Now add saute dry fruits and green cardamom powder, a pinch of salt and mix well them well.
- Serve hot.
- You can use a pressure cooker as it is easy and faster to prepare or you can microwave for 10 minutes (covered).
- Increase or decrease dates according to your taste.