A dry vegetable sabzi made with mushrooms, methi, and cherry tomatoes. This sabzi goes well with hot chapati or paratha. Methi leaves are also known as Fenugreek leaves. It contains a lot of Iron and Vitamins and considered good for the health.
Mushroom Methi With Cherry Tomatoes – Perfect Winter Lunch Recipe
Mushrooms – 250 gms (Rinse and chopped)
Methi leaves – 2 cups
Cherry Tomatoes – 1/2 cup (halved)
Finely chopped onion – 1 Big
Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 1
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Kitchen King Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt to taste
- Boil one cup of water and add chopped methi leaves with little salt. Boil water for 10 minutes on a medium-high flame.
- After 10 minutes switch off the gas and drain the water. Keep boiled methi leaves in a colander and keep it aside.
- Boil mushrooms with 1 cup of water for 5 – 10 minutes. Drain water and keep them aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan add 1 tsp of ghee and add halved cherry tomatoes with a pinch of salt. Saute them for 5 minutes and take it out in a separate bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in the same pan and add cumin. Allow it to crackle then add chopped onions.
- Saute until translucent then add chopped garlic and green chili. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium-low flame.
- Now add kitchen king masala, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and mix them well.
- Add boiled methi leaves and mushrooms. Saute them on high flame for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame and add saute cherry tomatoes, lemon juice. Mix them well and served delicious sabzi with hot paratha or chapati.