Amazing combination of two vegetables – Beetroot and Carrot.
Beetroot Carrot Halwa is a perfect dessert to be served after a perfect Sunday brunch. It is colorful and tasty dessert with all of the goodness of both the vegetables.
Most of the benefits of Carrots can be attributed to their beta-carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents. They are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
Beetroots are rich in nutrients that help to boost your immune system and can produce new blood cells. Whereas Carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B8, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
Beetroot Carrot Halwa – Vegetable Dessert
Grated Beetroot – 1 cup ( 2 medium sized beetroot )
Grated Carrot – 1 cup ( 3 medium-sized carrots )
Ghee – 1/4 cup + 2 tsp
Full fat milk – 1 liter
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Homemade Green Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Mix chopped dry fruits – 1/4 cup
A pinch of salt
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee a small pan and add chopped dry fruits. Saute for a minute and keep them aside.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick deep pan and add grated carrot, beetroot. Saute on low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Then add milk and cook on medium heat until the milk evaporates completely.
- Add sugar and simmer until it thickens. It takes about 5-8 minutes.
- Now add saute dry fruits and green cardamom powder with 1 tsp of ghee, a pinch of salt and mix them well.
- Serve hot.
- You can use a pressure cooker as it is easy and faster to prepare or you can microwave for 10 minutes (covered).
- Increase or decrease sugar according to your taste.