Sweet Potatoes really are a superfood. They are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
This is a really easy salad with very few ingredients. It is an excellent meal for breakfast or a sweet mid-day snack. I added roasted flaxseeds and sesame seeds for crunch.
Sweet Potato Fruit Salad
Sweet Potato – 1 medium
Pomegranate – 1/2 cup
Chopped Kiwi – 1
Roasted Flaxseeds – 1 tbsp
Roasted Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Red chili flaxseeds – 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash the sweet potato and pierce them with a fork. Take a microwave bowl add 1 cup of water and cook on high temperature covered for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes check the potato by inserting a fork. Take out the boiled sweet potato and let it cool down completely. Then cut sweet potato into cubes.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp of olive oil and add cubed sweet potatoes.
- Cook them on high medium flame for 4-6 minutes. Switch off of the flame and add oregano, red chili flakes, salt. Mix them well.
- Now transfer cooked sweet potatoes in a bowl and allow it to cool down a bit.
- Now add pomegranate, kiwi, flaxseeds, sesame seeds with lemon juice. Mix them well and serve.