Gajar Ka Halwa or Indian Carrot Pudding is a traditional North Indian Sweet Dish which is made with fresh red carrot, ghee, mava and lots of dry fruits.
In this recipe, I used fat milk instead of mava or khoya. Carrots cooked in milk acquire a rich taste and melt-in-the-mouth texture, which are intensified by the addition of mava. It is a quick and tasty version of Gajar ka halwa using Microwave.
Gajar Ka Halwa (Indian Carrot Pudding)
Grated Carrot – 2 cups (6 medium size)
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Full Fat Milk – 3 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Chopped Dry fruits – 1/4 cup (Almonds, Cashews, Raisins, Pistachios)
Green Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
A Pinch of Salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee and put chopped dry fruits in a microwave-safe bowl on high heat for 1 minutes, while stirring every 15 seconds.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 10 seconds.
- Add the grated carrot, mix well and microwave on high for 9 minutes while stirring every 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, sugar mix well and microwave on high for 10 minutes, while stirring every 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the cardamom powder, salt and mix well.
- Garnish with roasted dry fruits and serve warm.