Soft and moist eggless whole wheat banana walnut dates cake is a perfect partner with a hot cup of tea.
This cake is super moist made with dates, banana, and walnuts in every bite. Instead of brown sugar, you can use jaggery in it (aka Gur) which is the healthy sugar substitute.
No Oven – Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Dates Cake
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Chopped Dates – 3/4 cup ( 14 dates)
Milk – 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
Banana – 1
Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Chopped Walnuts – 1/2 cup
A pinch of salt
- Dry Ingredients: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda or Eno with a pinch of salt. Add chopped dates, walnuts and mix them well.
- Wet Ingredients: Now in a grinder add banana, milk, brown sugar, oil and grind until smooth.
- Now mix dry and wet ingredients. If the mixture looks dry add 2-4 tbsp of milk.
- Put batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 60 minutes.
- Adjust brown sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If Baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 60 minutes. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How To Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
- Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless pressure cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake