Healthy And Light Breakfast– Spinach Rava Dhokla
Spinach Rava Dhokla is a light and healthy breakfast recipe which is very easy to make. Rava which is also known as sooji or semolina. Rava or Semolina is made up of durum wheat which means it keeps you full for a longer period of time and prevents you from overeating. Spinach Rava Dhokla is made within 15 minutes (excluding soaking time), so it’s perfect breakfast recipe.
Spinach or Palak is very famous leafy vegetable found everywhere in sufficient amount in the winter season. Fresh leaves are a rich source of several vital antioxidant vitamins like vitamin-A, vitamin-C, and flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants.
Spinach Rava Dhokla – Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Rava or Sooji – 1 cup
Curd – 1 cup
Spinach Puree – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Eno – 1 tsp
Juice of one lemon
Chopped green chilly – 2
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds or Rai – 1/2 tsp
White Sesame – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 4-6 leaves
Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Water – 4 tbsp
Chopped green chili
- Mix all ingredients except Eno and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Keep 2 cups of water in a deep kadai and put a stand in it. Cover it and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour prepared batter into the greased pan and place it on the stand inside the kadai.
- Cover the kadai and steam the dhokla on high flame for 15 – 20 minutes.
- To check the doneness, insert a toothpick. If the mixture does not stick, it means the dhokla is done (If the toothpick has the batter on it, then steam dhokla for another 5 minutes).
- Switch off the flame and allow dhokla to cool completely.
- Insert a knife around the edges to loosen up dhokla. Flip it over onto a plate and cut into squares.
- For Tempering:
- Heat oil in a small pan. First, add the mustard seeds. Let them pop first.
- Add curry leaves and white sesame, and allow to crackle. Then add chopped green chili. Now add water, let it boil for 1 minute. Switch off the flame.
- Spread tempering over dhokla and Enjoy.