Peas are one my favorite winter vegetable. Poha made with fresh peas is an ideal and healthy breakfast. Poha is lactose-free, heart healthy and fat-free. They are a good source of eleven vital minerals and vitamins including iron. It contains a good amount of carbohydrates, which is good when eaten in the morning for breakfast.
Pea Pineapple Poha is an amazing combination of vegetable and fruit. Sweet and sour taste of pineapple makes poha healthier and tastier.
Pea Pineapple Poha – Winter Special
Poha – 1 cup
Peas – 3/4 cup
Finely chopped onion – 2
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
Chopped Pineapple For Garnishing – 1 cup
- Boil peas with one cup of water in a saucepan for 5 minutes or microwave peas with 1 cup of water for 10 minutes on high power. After that drain it and keeps it aside.
- Put poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave poha in a colander to drain out completely.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Now add turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala, boiled peas, chopped green chilies. Cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Now lower the flame and add soaked poha. Mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix them well and cover the lid. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and garnish with chopped pineapple and served hot Poha with tea.