Spring onions have many health benefits, not only does it reduces the blood cholesterol levels but also reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. The vitamin C in this vegetable also boost the immunity. A vegetarian dish, having the right mix of taste and flavors makes this recipe a great side dish.
Quick stir fry spring onions and mushrooms flavored with spices is an excellent side dish recipe that goes well with roti or paratha.
Spring Onions Mushroom Sabzi (Spring Onions Mushrooms Stir Fry ) – Lunch or Dinner Recipe
Washed, cleaned, sliced mushrooms – 200 grams
Spring Onions (chopped) – 250 gms
Finely chopped onion – 1 big
Finely chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 3
Sabzi masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Boil mushrooms with 1/2 cup of water for 6 – 10 minutes. Drain water and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan then add chopped onions cook until translucent.
- Then add garlic and ginger cook for a minute. Add sabzi masala, coriander powder, salt, and cook for a minute.
- Now add chopped spring onions and cook for 5 minutes (covered).
- After 5 minutes add boiled mushroom, green chilly and cook for another 5 minutes (covered).
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot parathas and chapatis.