Spring onions have many health benefits, not only does it reduces the blood cholesterol levels but also reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. The vitamin C in this vegetable also boost the immunity. A vegetarian dish, having the right mix of taste and flavors makes this recipe a great side dish.
Quick stir fry spring onions and mushrooms flavored with spices is an excellent side dish recipe that goes well with roti or paratha.
Washed, cleaned, sliced mushrooms – 200 grams
Spring Onions (chopped) – 250 gms
Finely chopped onion – 1 big
Finely chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 3
Sabzi masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Boil mushrooms with 1/2 cup of water for 6 – 10 minutes. Drain water and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan then add chopped onions cook until translucent.
- Then add garlic and ginger cook for a min. Add sabzi masala, coriander powder, salt, and cook for a minute.
- Now add chopped spring onions and cook for 5 minutes (covered).
- After 5 minutes add boiled mushroom, green chilly and cook for 5 minutes (covered ).Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot parathas and chapatis.