Vegetable Brown Poha – Easy to make tasty breakfast recipe.
Red Rice Poha or Brown Poha is a healthy and delicious breakfast option made using red poha. Red Rice Poha or Bown Poha is a flattened rice made with red rice or brown rice. It has high nutrition value and it’s easy to digest.
Vegetable Brown poha prepared with boiled vegetables saute with onions, tempered with curry leaves. It is a healthy and quick breakfast recipe.
Vegetable Brown Poha – Healthy breakfast
Brown Poha – 1 cup
Finely chopped Vegetables – 3/4 cup
(Carrot, beetroot, beans, capsicum)
Peas – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onion – 2
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 7
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
- Microwave finely chopped vegetables, peas with one cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl for 10 minutes on high power. After that drain it and keeps it aside.
- Put brown poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave poha in a colander to drain out completely.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Now add turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala, boiled vegetables, chopped green chilies. Cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Now lower the flame and add soaked brown poha. Mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix them well and cover the lid. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Served hot Brown Poha with tea.