Amla Jam – Healthy Vitamin C Jam
Jam is the best way of preserving the goodness of fruits. Today I am sharing Amla jam recipe. Amla which is also known as Indian Gooseberry. It’s a potent source of Vitamin C and also contains iron and calcium.
Amla Jam (Gooseberry Jam) – Winter Special
Amla – 250 gms
Sugar – 1 & 1/2 cup
Juice of half lemon
- Boil amla in a deep saucepan with 1 cup of water. Covered it and boil for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- After boiling remove it from gas and let it cool. Then deseed and chopped them into small pieces.
- Grind boiled amla into a paste and transfer into a saucepan.
- Now add sugar and cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes. Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame.
- Allow jam to cool down and then add lemon juice.
- Mix well and store in a clean dry glass jar.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon.
- It last long for 3 months.