Kadhi one India’s most popular “comfort food”. It is a blend of yogurt or dahi and gram flour. It’s light, healthy and extremely tasty. By adding spinach it makes more nutrition. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Palak Kadhi (Low-Calorie Recipe) – Lunch Recipe
For Kadhi –
Low Fat Curd – 1 cup
Besan – 3 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Kitchen King masala – 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Water – 2-3 cups
Salt to taste
For Spinach –
Finely chopped spinach – 1 cup
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Oil – 1/2 tsp
- Curd Masala Mixture: Put turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, kitchen king masala, besan, salt in a grinder. Pulse twice to combine and keep it aside.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped spinach and saute for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and take out the cooked spinach. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the same kadai and add methi seeds & after 15 seconds add curd masala mixture.
- Add cooked spinach garlic with curd masala mixture.
- Cook for 20 minutes on low flame till it becomes little thick and creamy.
- Serve hot with plain steamed rice.