Poha is a very popular breakfast or tea time dish in India. Poha which is also known as flatted rice or beaten rice. It is made from rice flakes, are an easy-to-cook, light and nutritious snack that is often had for breakfast.
Today I am sharing Indori Poha recipe from the state of Madhya Pradesh in India. Indori Poha is a delicious and light breakfast which is very popular in Indore. The main ingredient in this poha is “Fennel or Sauf “. An addition of fennel seeds makes this poha more delicious. It is a great way to make your regular poha in a different way.
Here are some delicious Different Types of Poha recipe:
Poha – 1 cup
Finely chopped onion – 2
Finely chopped green capsicum – 1 (medium)
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
Raisins or kishmish – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Pomegranate Pearls For Garnishing – 1 cup
- Put Poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave in the colander to drain out completely and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, fennel seeds and allow to crackle.
- Now add onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Now add turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala, capsicum, chopped green chilly. Cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Now lower the flame and add soaked Poha. Mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice, raisins.
- Mix them well and cover the lid. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and garnish with pomegranate pearls and served hot Poha with masala tea.