Kundru is a green vegetable also called as tindora or ivy gourd. It is a great source of soluble fiber and is also rich in Vitamin A and C. I have already shared Kundru Aloo ki Sabji recipe. Today I am sharing Kundru Garlic Ki Sabzi – It tastes great with hot chapati or plain paratha.
Kundru Garlic Ki Sabzi (Ivy gourd Garlic Dry Vegetable) – Lunch Recipe
Kundru – 250 gms
Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds or rai – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Finely chopped Onion – 2 medium
Finey chopped Tomato – 1 Small
Finely chopped garlic – 2
Finely chopped ginger – 2 tbsp
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Chopped kundru in a round shape.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds. and allow them to pop.
- Now add onions and fry till translucent. Now add the ginger, garlic and fry till the raw flavor is gone.
- Now add kundru, turmeric, coriander powder, sabzi masala, red chili powder, salt and mix well. Cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes till kundru are done (covered). Check and stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes add chopped tomato (deseed) and mix well. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes on medium-high flame stir occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with parathas.
Categories: Lunch / Dinner