This sauce is super easy to make and it is much better than store-bought chocolate sauce. This syrup is delicious over ice cream, cakes, muffins, or whole wheat pancake. Just with few ingredients, a delicious chocolate syrup is ready.
Make Your Own – Chocolate Syrup With Cocoa Powder
Brown Sugar – 1 & 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
Full-fat Milk – 1 cup
Butter – 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Put cocoa powder, milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a deep nonstick saucepan on low flame. Add sugar, cocoa powder and milk mixture.
- Cook it over medium-low heat for 10 minutes until it starts to thicken while stirring constantly.
- Now add butter and mix well.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in salt and vanilla extract.
- Let cool completely and skim off any skin that may have formed.
- Pour into a clean/sterile bottle with a spout and store covered in the refrigerator.
- A yummy delicious chocolate syrup is ready to enjoy.
- Brown sugar can be replaced with white sugar.
- Cook on the low medium heat.
- Don’t overcook s the syrup it will get thicker as it cools.
Categories: Tuesday Tips