Pumpkin also is known as “Kaddu”. It’s rich in fiber, potassium, and vitamin C content in pumpkin all support heart health. This Pumpkin Sabzi tempered with fennel seeds, fenugreek, whole coriander and “Sambhar Masala” add amazing flavor. It goes great with pooris or plain parathas or roties.
Spicy Pumpkin With Sambhar Masala
Kaddu or pumpkin – 1/2 kg
Finely Chopped Onion – 2 big
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped tomato – 2
Fenugreek seeds – 1/8 tsp
Whole Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped green chilies -2
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Sambhar Masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Wash and peel Pumpkin and cut into small cubes. Put into a microwave safe bowl with 1/2 cup of water, little salt, turmeric and microwave it for 10 minutes on high power (covered). After 10 minutes take it out and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek and allow the fenugreek to brown. Then add fennel, whole coriander and allow them to crackle.
- Then add onions cook until translucent. Now add garlic and ginger cook for a minute. Now cook until onion is golden brown.
- Now lower the flame and add sambhar masala, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, chopped green chili, and salt. Cook for a minute.
- Now add boiled pumpkin, chopped tomato and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes (covered) on medium-high flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot parathas or chapattis.