Sukhi Arbi Sabzi is a simple and quick recipe made with arbi also known as Colocasia with carom seeds (ajwain) and few spices.
Arbi or Colocasia – 250 gms
Carom seeds or ajwain – 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
Chopped green chilli – 1
Juice of one lemon
Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Peel and wash arbi. Cut it into lengthwise and soak them in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of mustard oil. Heat it till starts leaving smoke.
- Now switch off the gas and add carom seeds, all spices, chopped green chili.
- Now switch on the gas and add sliced arbi. Mix well and cook ( covered) for 10 – 15 minutes on low flame stirring occasionally.
- Once arbi becomes crispy switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve.