Gavarfali also known as cluster beans, Gavar. It is a flatter version of French Beans
It contains various vitamins namely vitamin A, B and K and minerals such as Potassium, Iron, and Calcium in addition to other nutrients. This green vegetable and seeds of gavarfali have immense medicinal value packed with numerous health benefits.
This is a simple dry sabzi made with cluster beans, soya granules, and curd. The addition of soya granules and curds enhances the calcium as well as the protein levels of the recipe.
Gavarfali – 250 gms
Soya granules – 1/2 cup
Thick curd – 1/4 cup
Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Onion – 2 medium
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and soak soya granules for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes drain, squeeze out excess water.
- String the gavarfali by removing the ends and edged fibre.
- Pressure cook the gavarfali in 1 cup of water for 2 whistles or microwave it on high power for 10 minutes. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium heat and add cumin seeds. Allow them to sizzle.
- Now add onions and fry till translucent. Now add garlic and fry till the raw flavor is gone.
- Now add soya granules, turmeric, coriander powder, sabzi masala, red chili powder, chopped green chili, salt and mix well.
- Now add boiled gavarfali and mix well. Cook on medium low flame till vegetables are done (covered) for 6 minutes.
- Now add 1/4 cup of curd and mix well. Cook Sabzi for another 6 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.