Kundru is also known as tindora or ivy gourd. Ivy gourd is a store house of a range of vitamins and minerals. Apart from that it also offers a decent amount of protein and fibers.
Kundru Sabzi is a perfect lunch recipe. It’s easy and ready within 20 minutes.
Kundru – 250 gms
Potato or Aloo – 2 medium
Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds or Rai – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 6
Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Onion – 2 medium
Finely chopped garlic – 2
Finely chopped ginger – 2 tbsp
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Chopped kundru, onion, potato or aloo lengthwise.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium heat and add mustard seeds or rai. Allow them to sizzle. Then add curry leaves.
- Now add onions and fry till translucent. Now add the ginger, garlic and fry till the raw flavor is gone.
- Now add sliced kundru, potato or aloo and add turmeric, coriander powder, sabzi masala, red chili powder, salt and mix well. Cook on medium low flame till vegetables are done (covered) for 10 minutes. Check and stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes cook sabzi uncovered for another 10 minutes on medium high flame stir occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with parathas.