It is a simple and easy sweet recipe made with dates, coconut powder, sesame seeds, fennel seeds, and lots of dry fruits. It’s a NO SUGAR treat. The sweetness comes from dates and raisins.
This burfi is best for any festivals or special occasion.
Dates Dry Fruits Burfi – No Sugar Treat
Dates, Seedless – 1 cup
Almonds – 1/4 cup
Cashews – 1/4 cup
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Pistachios – 1/4 cup
Walnuts – 1/4 cup
Coconut powder – 1/4 cup
Chopped Apricots – 1/4 cup
Roasted Sunflower Seeds – 1/4 cup
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
White sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a nonstick pan and dry roast the chopped almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, raisins one by one separately for 1- 2 minutes taking care that they would not get burnt, remove them. Keep aside on a plate.
- Dry roast sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes on low flame and keep it aside.
- Dry roast coconut powder for 1 -2 minutes and keep it aside too.
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a non-stick pan and add chopped dates. Fry continuously for 2-3 minutes on low flame until it comes together like a thick mass.
- Dry Fruit Mixture: Now grind the roasted nuts to a coarse powder. Don’t powder them completely. Mix roasted sunflower seeds, chopped apricot, cardamom powder, roasted sesame seeds, fennel seeds, a pinch of salt. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Now take a big bowl and add prepared date mixture, dry fruit mixture with roasted coconut powder, chopped apricots.
- Grease the hand with some ghee and roll it out into a cylindrical shape by pressing with both the hands.
- Now take an aluminum foil sheet or cling film and place a rolled burfi on it. Wrap up nicely and place it in a refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, unwrap the rolled burfi and cut them into ½ cm thick burfi.
- Keep in an airtight container.
Categories: Sweet Treat