Parwal also known as the pointed gourd is the vegetable is rated as one of the nutritious foods and is offering vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and vitamin C. Calcium provides parwal also offers very less calories and hence it helps to keep the cholesterol levels in control.
Parwal Aloo Sabzi is a dry, spicy, and tasty dish made with potatoes or aloo and pointed gourd or parwal. It is very easy and ready within 20 minutes.
Parwal Potato Sabzi
Parwal – 250 gms
Potato or Aloo – 2 medium
Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds or Rai – 1/2 tsp
Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabze masala – 1 tsp
Onion – 2 medium
Finely chopped garlic – 2
Finely chopped ginger – 2 tbsp
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Wash and peel parwal. Chopped onion, potato or aloo, and parwal lengthwise.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium heat and add mustard seeds or rai. Allow them to sizzle.
- Add onions and fry till translucent. Now add the ginger, garlic and fry till the raw flavor is gone.
- Now add sliced parwal, potato or aloo and add turmeric, coriander powder, sabzi masala, red chili powder, salt and mix well. Cook on medium low flame till vegetables are done (covered) for 10 minutes. Check and stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes cook sabzi uncovered for another 10 minutes on medium high flame stir occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with parathas.