Beetroot Apple Jam is a combination of vegetable and fruit. It is very easy to make and it tastes delicious. Beetroots are rich in nutrients that help to boost your immune system and can produce new blood cells. Beetroot lovers do try this jam.
Beetroot Apple Jam – Vegetable Fruit Relish
Apple – 2 medium size
Beetroot – 1 medium
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Water – 1 cup
Juice of one lemon
- Wash apple and beetroot. Cut them into small cubes.
- Heat a non-stick deep pan and add chopped apple, beetroot with 1 cup of water.
- Cook in low flame for 10 minutes (covered).
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool down completely.
- Put boiled apple, beetroot grinder and make a smooth puree. It yields 2 & 1/2 cup of puree.
- Now add sugar and cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame. Allow jam to cool down and then mix lemon juice.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow to cool down completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon. It last long for 3 months.