Soyabean beans are packed with essential nutrient, fiber and amino acids.
Soyabean Daal ( soaked overnight ) – 1 cup
Finely chopped onion – 1
Finely chopped ginger – 1/2 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped green chilly- 2
Finely chopped tomato – 3
Finely chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Olive oil -1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Whole Garam Masalas :
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Clove – 3
Black cardamom- 1
Black pepper- 3
- Wash soaked daal and boil in a pressure cooker with whole garam masalas and a pinch turmeric, salt in 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seed.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a min. Now add ginger, garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric, sabzi masala. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Now add 1 tbsp of ghee. Add the boiled soyabean daal and mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6.Serve hot garnished with coriander with rice or Roties.