Soybeans have many benefits, including their ability to improve the metabolism, help in healthy weight gain, defend against cancer and reduce the effects of menopause. They improve digestion, promote bone health, protect against birth defects, increase circulation, and generally tone up the body.
Soyabean beans are packed with essential nutrient, fiber, and amino acids. The high levels of protein make these soy products an ideal protein source for vegetarians. Soyabean Curry is a perfect and protein-rich lunch recipe which goes well with plain white rice.
Soyabean Curry – Protein Rich Lunch Recipe
Soyabean Daal ( soaked overnight ) – 1 cup
Finely chopped onion – 1
Finely chopped ginger – 1/2 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped green chilly- 2
Puree of Tomato – 3
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Olive oil -2 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Whole Garam Masalas :
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Clove – 3
Black cardamom- 1
Black pepper- 3
- Wash soaked daal and boil in a pressure cooker with whole garam masalas, a pinch turmeric, salt with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook daal for 3 whistles and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin.
- When the cumin crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame until translucent. Now add ginger, garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes puree, coriander powder, turmeric, sabzi masala. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Now add 1 tbsp of ghee and add the boiled soyabean daal.
- Mix them well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnished with chopped coriander leaves and serve with steam rice.