Shahi Paneer is an easy to make lunch or dinner recipe that can be prepared for special occasions and festival. This is a North Indian recipe is the perfect dish for home parties and can be enjoyed with roomali roti, butter naan. This recipe cooked using paneer, onion, fresh cream, cashews, and whole masalas. This recipe is simple and made using very less oil.
Healthy Shaahi Paneer With One Tbsp of Oil
Paneer Cubes – 1 cup
Roughly chopped onion – 2 large
Roughly chopped tomato – 3 large
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
Ghee or oil – 2 tbsp
Cashews – 5
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Whole Garam Masalas :
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Clove – 3
Black cardamom – 1
Black pepper – 3
Bay leaf – 1
- Take a half-cup of water in a deep pan and add chopped tomatoes, cashew with a pinch of salt.
- Cook mixture until becoming soft. Let the mixture cool down and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee or oil in a deep non-stick deep pan and add bay leaf, whole garam masalas. Sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Then add ginger, garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add boiled tomato, cashews and cook mixture until becoming soft. Let the mixture cool down and then make a smooth paste (take out bay leaf before grinding). Now sieve masala and again put in the same pan.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil or ghee. Then add red chili powder, coriander powder, green chilly, sabzi masala, and salt. Now add sieved tomato onion paste and stir well and cook until gravy starts leaving oil from corners.
- Now add fresh cream and stir well. Let it cook for a min and then add 1 cup of water, boil for 1 minute.
- Add paneer pieces and stir gently. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Shahi Paneer is ready to serve.
- Use deep heavy nonstick pan.
- Microwave paneer for 3 minutes on high power before slices or dip paneer into hot water for 10 minutes. It makes paneer extra soft.