The best way to store sooji or rava prevent it from spoiling is to dry roast sooji prior to storing.
Semolina is a very gritty, coarse type of flour, usually made from durum wheat. It is also known as Sooji or Semolina or Rava. Semolina is used to make tasty upma, idli, dhoklas and desserts like halwa or kheer.
Many different recipes required Roasted Sooji but it’s a time-consuming effort. So here is a simple tip which saves lots of time.
How to dry roast Sooji or Rava or Semolina?
- Heat a deep non-stick deep pan and add sooji. Roast sooji on a medium flame for a few minutes till all the moisture evaporates.
- Keep on stirring while roasting, otherwise, it will get burnt.
- The sooji will become not sticky and free-flowing if roasted correctly.
- Once done remove it from heat and transfer to a plate and let it cool completely.
- After cooling store in an airtight container and keep in a refrigerator or freezer.
- By keeping in a refrigerator it will stay fresh for longer.
Categories: Tuesday Tips