Moong Daal Dahi Vada is made of yellow moong daal which is very high in protein, light and delicious. Moong dal Dahi Vadas are light and yummy variety of vadas. These vadas are deep fried balls of lentil paste. After frying lentils balls are soaked in the warm water to remove oil and also they become soft. These vadas dipped in yogurt or curd and garnished with sweet sour chutney, coriander chutney. These are great as a side dish for a formal dinner, appetizer or served as a chaat.
For The Vadas
Yellow moong daal – 1 cup
Finely chopped green chiles – 2
Ginger – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Yogurt – 2 cups
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the daal. Soak the daal in 3 cups of water for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Grind the daal with chilies and ginger in the grinder with a little water ( 1/4 cup). Beat the batter till becomes light.
- Heat oil in a kadhai on medium heat. Pour vada batter with a spoon in the oil at a time, to make vada. Deep fry the vada on medium heat till they get golden pink.
While serving :
- Soak the all prepared vadas in warm water for 10 mins. Vadas will leave all extra oil. Now take out the vadas from the water by pressing gently between your palms. Keep aside.
- Combine yogurt or curd and salt in a bowl and mix well using a whisk (Add milk only if the curd is very thick).
- In a large serving bowl, arrange the vadas. Pour beaten curd and all garnishing with roasted jeera, red chili powder, and amchur chutney, coriander chutney.
Enjoy delicious moong daal vada.