Healthy Oats Rava Idli is a quick and easy to prepare nutritious lunch recipe. It tastes yummy and has a spongy texture. It is made with oats, rava, and curd. Oats are loaded with dietary fiber and have a range of healthy cholesterol lowering properties.
For Idli Batter :
Oats Flour – 1 cup
Roasted Rava – 1/2 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Lukewarm Water – 1 cup
Eno – 1 tsp
Grated carrot – 1 medium
Finely chopped coriander – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
For Tempering :
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds or Rai – 1/2 tsp
Urad daal – 1/2 tsp
Channa daal – 1/2 tsp
Green chilies chopped – 1
- Mix all idli batter ingredients and let the mixture rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on a low flame, add the mustard seeds, chana daal and urad daal.
- Stir and saute till the mustard seeds crackle and both the urad dal and chana dal become golden. Now add green chilly and saute for a min.
- Add tempering in a mixture of idli batter and mix well.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the pressure cooker or in deep kadai and allow water to boil for 5 minutes. Now add Eno into a prepared batter and pour 1 tsp of water over it. Mix batter well.
- Now pour batter into a greased idli molds. Now place idli stand in the cooker or kadai. Close the lid of the cooker (do not put the whistle on the lid, if using cooker).
- Cook idli on a high flame for 10 – 15 minutes. Turn off the gas. Open the pressure cooker or kadai lid, Check with a toothpick if it cum out clean then it’s done.
- Then remove the stand, separate the plates, let it cool a bit.
- Now scoop out the idli with the help of a spoon and place on a plate.
- Serve with sambhar or sauce.