Whole Wheat Choco Beetroot Cake In Pressure Cooker
Whole wheat Choco beetroot cake made with the goodness of whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and beetroot. Do try this yummy cake.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/4 cup
Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Baking soda or Eno – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
Water – 1 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Boiled & purée beetroot – 1 medium
- Pressure cooker chopped beetroot with 1 cup of water for 2 whistles or put chopped beetroot in a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of water and microwave it for 10 minutes in high power.
- Allow to cool completely and grind it into a smooth mixture. Don’t add extra water grind with same water in which it is boiled. Beetroot puree is ready. It yields 1/2 cup of beetroot puree.
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda or Eno, baking powder. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients – Now in grinder mix oil, brown sugar, water, milk, vanilla essence and beetroot purée together until smooth.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Pour ready cake batter into a greased baking tin, tab it. Bake for 60 minutes in cooker.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
Eggless pressure cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake