Rava Upma With Beetroot – Yummy and Healthy Breakfast
Rava is a very gritty, coarse type of flour, usually made from durum wheat. It is also known as sooji or semolina. Beetroot Rava Upma made with rava or sooji, veggies, and beetroot. It is very easy and tasty breakfast recipe.
If you are looking more healthy recipes with Beetroot here are some:-
- Beetroot Carrot Halwa – Vegetable Dessert
- Coconut Beetroot Burfi
- Strawberry Beetroot Cake
- Beetroot Amla Chutney
- Beetroot Garlic Chutney
- Beetroot Besan Dhokla
- Beetroot Spicy Lassi
- Carrot Beetroot Paratha with Sesame
- Beetroot Tikki
- Beetroot Carrot Sabzi
- Beetroot Soya Granules with Leftover Chapatis
- Carrot Beetroot Poha
Rava – 1 cup
Chopped Onion – 1
Chopped Green chili -1
Chopped beans – 1/2 cup
Grated carrot – 1 small
Beetroot – 1 small
Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
Salt to taste
Juice of one lemon
For the seasoning:
Ghee – 2 tsp + 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Daal – 1/2 tsp
Channa Daal – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 6-7
- Heat a non-stick heavy pan and add 2 tsp of ghee and roast the rava on medium low flame. Keep stirring rava.
- Transfer roasted rava in a separate bowl or plate once roasted.
- Pressure cooker chopped beetroot with 2 cups of water for 2 whistles or put chopped beetroot in a microwave safe bowl with 2 cups of water and microwave it for 10 minutes in high power.
- Allow to cool completely and add more 1/4 cup of water. Grind it into a smooth mixture. Boiled beetroot puree is ready.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan and put mustard seeds when it pops, add curry leaves followed by urad dal, channa daal.
- When dal turns golden brown, add chopped onions, green chilies, and ginger. Sauté until onions turn transparent.
- Now add chopped beans and carrots. Cook veggies for 8 minutes on medium high flame.
- Now high the flame and add boiled beetroot puree, salt.
- When the water starts boiling, reduce the flame to low. Check for salt. Add roasted rava in a sprinkled way as well as stirring side by side.
- Once rava absorbs all the water, cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Also, stir in between.
- After 5-6 minutes the upma should be done. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Switch off the flame. Covered upma for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a hot cup of tea.
- You can add roasted peanuts, cashews, raisins for garnishing.
- You can add more veggies as per your choice.