Poha which is also known as flatted rice or beaten rice. It is made from rice flakes, are an easy-to-cook, light and nutritious snack that is often had for breakfast.
To make it healthier, I have added sprouts in this recipe as sprouted pulses are easier to digest while providing precious nutrients like iron, calcium, b-complex vitamin and c.
Protein Pack Poha – With sprouts
Poha – 1 cup
Green Moong Sprouts – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onion – 2
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 7
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
Pomegranate Pearls For Garnishing – 1 cup
- Boil 1/2 cup of sprouts with 1 cup of water in a deep saucepan for 5 minutes or microwave sprouts for 5 minutes on high power. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Put Poha in a colander and wash twice. Leave the colander to drain out completely.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add turmeric, salt, and pav bhaji masala. Then boiled sprouts, green chilies and cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Now lower the flame and add soaked Poha. Mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix them well and cover the lid. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and garnish with pomegranate pearls. Served hot Poha with tea.