Burfi is a most popular Indian Sweets. Traditional it is made with mava or khoya, lots of ghee and dry fruits. Today I will share a recipe of milk powder choco chip burfi. It is soft, sweet and rich.
It’s easy and quick. It will be ready within 20 minutes with very few ingredients.
Milk powder – 2 cups
Milk – 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add ghee. Allow ghee to melt completely on very low flame.
- Now add milk and sugar, keep the gas on low flame. Let the sugar melt completely.
- Add 2 cups of milk powder and keep stirring continuously till the mixture slightly thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now transfer the mixture to a greased plate and flatten the mixture with greased spoon or spatula. Allow to cool down for 5 minutes and then sprinkle some choco chips. Press choco chips with the help of a spoon.
- Keep Burfi in the refrigerator for 1 hour and cut into the desired shape.
- Cook on very low flame.
- Use powdered sugar. It cooks faster than normal sugar.
Categories: Sweet Treat