Simple kaddu which is also known as “Pumpkin” cooked with sweet and sour flavor comes from sugar, green chilies, amchur powder and lots of spices. Here I have used brown sugar for sweetness. You can use normal sugar or jaggery/ gur.Serve this sabzi with poori or paratha.
Kaddu or Pumpkin – 1/2 kg
Fenugreek seeds – 1/8 tsp
Dry red chilly – 1
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Finely chopped green chilies -1
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Amchur powder – 1 tbsp
Brown sugar or jaggery – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil -1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the kaddu into cubes. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds & dry red chili. Allow the fenugreek seeds to brown and the dry red chilies to change color and get a little smokey.
- Now add turmeric, coriander powder and mix well and then add in chopped kaddu and mix well. Cook on medium high flame for 10 minutes ( covered ).
- Add amchur powder, brown sugar, green chilies, salt and mix it well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Sweet Sour Kaddu Sabzi is ready. Serve Sabze with hot poori.