Creamy Soya Chunks Curry: Quick Easy Dinner Recipe
Nutrela also known as Soy Mealmaker is a line of high-protein foods in form of soy chunks, nuggets, granules, and mini-chunks. Creamy soya chunks curry is an easy side dish with soya chunks, onions, tomatoes, and cashews. It goes well with roties, parathas, pooris or even with simple white rice. I have used only ” 2 tbsp” of oil for making this curry which makes this curry more healthier.
Healthy Soya Sabze With 2 tbsp of oil
Soaked and squeezed soya chunks* – 1 cup
Roughly chopped onion – 2 large
Roughly chopped tomato – 3 large
Roughly chopped garlic – 4
Roughly chopped ginger – 1 inch
Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
Ghee or oil – 2 tbsp
Cashews ( soaked in hot water for 20 minutes) – 5
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Chicken masala – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Whole Garam Masalas :
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Clove – 3
Black cardamom – 1
Black pepper – 3
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a deep non-stick deep pan and add whole garam masalas. Saute for 15 seconds.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Now add ginger, garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add coriander powder, red chili powder, chicken masala and salt ( add a little water ).
- Then add chopped tomato and stir well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down and then make a smooth paste. Now sieve masala and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee and add the ground mixture and cook until gravy starts leaving oil from the corner.
- Now add fresh cream and stir well.
- Add soya chunks and cook for 2 minutes. Then add 2 cups water, boil for 5 minutes. Stir gently and sprinkle roasted cumin powder.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle some roasted cumin powder.
- Soya Creamy Chunks Curry is ready to serve.
- Use deep heavy non-stick pan.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add soya chunks. Boil it for 2 minutes on high flame. Keep aside for 20 minutes (covered). After 20 minutes, discard the water and squeeze off the water. Rinse them in cold water and repeat squeezing off the excess water. Set aside for later use.